Monday, June 11, 2012

Wow!

So a wonderful person on bettafish.com decided to hold a raffle for a fish of your choice from aquabid, ebay, or a breeder. There were obviously some rules, but I won't get into that. Well I came online yesterday only to find that I had won! I cannot say how excited I am I have always wanted an aquabid betta. If you haven't been on there I say stay away! The betta's are just stunning and you will want every one! But I warn they are NOT cheap. So anyways this is the beatiful I guy I chose. His name shall be Bloody Valantine.




So this got me thinking okay this guy is coming from Thailand! Thier water is completely different! Quality wise anyways. So I went and did a little reasearch and found what do you do when you get a betta from offline!

So normally when I pick up a new guy or girl I fill up the tank let it heat (most of my buys are spur of the moment.) and then float the guys for maybe half an hour. The water quality usually isn't to different. And then I just dump them.

Well I don't want to do that with Thailand betta's. Everything is the same it's just you want to float them longer. They are getting used to a totally different type of water and source. It would be like someone coming to Minnesota in the dead of winter from a place like Egypt or something. Totally different climate.

So I this next week I will be working on setting up his tank. I will post pictures throughout the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment